Why can’t I launch a campaign?
Posted: 17 September 2015 07:34 PM
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2015-09-17

I’ve just started and I can’t figure out how to launch a campaign.  Do I need to earn more money?  Have more volunteers?  And why can’t I use some of the possible movement tactics listed under the tactics tab?

Posted: 23 September 2015 01:25 PM   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2010-06-18

To launch a campaign, a few simple requirements must be met. This can’t be done at the very start of a game. You’ll have to play a number of turns to fulfill these requirements. First you’ll need ‘key resources’: a minimum number of activists, money, and work hours. The movement’s credibility must also be at or above a certain level. There are three campaigns, for different phases in the struggle. M1 is ‘Grow The Movement’; M2 is ‘Expand Movement Influence, and M3 is ‘Push for Movement Victory.’ In M1, for example, you might need 10 activists, $50 money, and 40 work hours; and Movement Credibility must be at least 10. These requirements will be greater for the M2 and M3 campaigns. Rather than worry about the precise numbers, just check the Campaigns tab in the Planner window every 3 or 4 turns, and see whether a Campaign is available. The likeliest way to meet the requirements, aside from mobilizing and fundraising, is to make sure that your movement is active, running public tactics in all regions. To check on Movement Credibility, open the blue ‘Charts & Graphs’ binder on the bookshelf, choose a time period, and select ‘Legitimacy/Credibility’. This will show you both Movement credibility and Regime legitimacy by date. You can play the game without using campaigns at all, but if you do use them, it will help.