tutorial no next day
Posted: 15 March 2011 12:14 PM
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-03-12

I downloaded the game and entered the tutorial but can’t get past the first window. It said to click on “next day” in the main view but i don’t see it or have that. There is nothing at the bottom of my game play window and I can’t do anything except click on the calendar, map, etc. in the beginning room. Can someone please help with this?

Posted: 17 March 2011 03:12 PM   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-01-26

it’s the green arrow

Posted: 18 March 2011 10:24 AM   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2010-06-18

It appears that your screen display is not showing the row of buttons which should be along the bottom of the screen, so you’re not seeing the green arrow button or any of the others. You need to choose a different screen resolution. But first—I hope you’re not working on a netbook whose maximum screen resolution is simply incapable of displaying the full game screen. Many of the small netbooks are incapable of running the game at all for this reason. If that’s not your problem, here’s what to do. After launching the game and before starting to play, you’ll be at the Main Menu. Click on Game Settings. At the top is a Resolution selector. Click on the downward pointing arrow to pull down the list of options. Try either 1024x768 or 1280x768. These are the lowest vertical resolution available (768) and should show the full game window on your screen. If you continue to have problems, please reply with technical details on your computer, monitor, and video card so I can help further.

Posted: 11 December 2012 05:01 PM   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-12-11

Hi, I am having the same problem- no next day at the bottom of the screen. I’ve tried using the smallest vertical resolution (768), but it didn’t help. I’m using a macbook pro. Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated, as I’d really like to be able to play the game! Thanks.

Posted: 12 December 2012 09:15 AM   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2010-06-18

This is a screen resolution problem—you’re not seeing the bar across the bottom of the game window, which includes a large green arrow icon for “next day.” In fact, all buttons on this bar are hidden, and you need them! I see that you’ve already tried the lowest vertical resolution, which should have fixed it. We’ll look into this futher on our macbook pro and get back to you as fast as we can, probably 24 hours. Thanks.

Posted: 30 January 2013 02:01 PM   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-07-13
mlotze - 15 March 2011 12:14 PM

I downloaded the game and entered the tutorial but can’t get past the first window. It said to click on “next day” in the main view but i don’t see it or have that. There is nothing at the bottom of my game play window and I can’t do anything except click on the calendar, map, etc. in the beginning room. Can someone please help with this?

Click on the downward pointing arrow to pull down the list of options. Try either 1024x768 or 1280x768. These are the lowest vertical resolution available (768) and should show the full game window on your screen.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-